There are 36 families waiting to adopt a baby for every child placed in a adopting family.
The nation’s largest pregnancy center, Planned Parenthood’s states that from Oct. 1, 2011 to Sept. 30, 2012, the business performed 327,166 abortions while only promoting 2,197 adoption referrals. That equals only 1 adoption for every single 149 abortions.
The following information and statistics were gathered by the Adoption Jacksonville team using the United States of America’s government statistics. Women can get help with their pregnancy through free legal and mental counseling services while they weigh their options using services provided by http://www.adoptionjax.com or by calling the adoption hotline at 1.800.251.0497
Cost Difference Between Abortion and Placing a Baby for Adoption
Abortions cost anything from hundreds of dollars to thousands, depending upon your stage of pregnancy. Conversely, adoption saves a life and can get you paid. You may receive money from the adoptive family that will help you cover pregnancy-related expenses like housing, food, utilities, transportation plus much more.
After You Choose Life or Death?
Both adoption and abortion are emotionally difficult choices for a pregnant mother to make. With abortion, however, it is harder to just accept and tolerate the choice of aborting a baby. While a woman who chooses adoption may be able to see the smile on her child’s face through pictures, or perhaps in person, women who choose abortion struggle to envision their child’s face in any respect.
Post-abortion stress syndrome may last for several years, sometimes longer, and might manifest itself into symptoms like depression, as well as suicidal thoughts for which there is no associated cost.
Abortion is the End of the Road, Adoption is Just the Beginning
If you ultimately choose abortion, it will be the end a baby’s life. Adoption, specifically choosing open adoption, is only the start of your child’s life. If you decide on an open adoption you will have the ability to remain a part of your child’s life as they develop. Your newborn will most likely someday understand why you chose to put them up for adoption and a why the decision was the best on a long list of alternatives. Even if you ultimately choose to go through with a closed adoption, where your son or daughter will mature not knowing who you are, you nevertheless give them the opportunity at life.
- Despite the decline in rates of teen pregnancy inside the US, nearly 820,000 women less than 18 conceive every year.
- There are over 6 million pregnancies annually in the U.S.
- Around 50% of pregnancies are not planned.
- 18 days after intercourse, a baby’s heart is growing, and the eyes will develop.
By week three, the little heart is pumping blood through the body.
- After 42 days, a baby’s brain waves can be recorded, and the baby’s skeleton is developed.
- Almost 80% of babies born after 6 months will live.
- In 2013, there were 26.6 births for each and every 1,000 adolescent women aged 15-19, or 274,641 children born to women in this particular age group. Around 89% of the them occurred away from marriage. The 2013 teen birth rate showed a drop of ten percent from 2012 when the birth rate was 2.94%.
- About 80 percent of young women that conceive are not married.
Adoption Statistics in the USA
- Almost two percent of U.S. children under the age of 18 are adopted.
- From the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Adoption USA Chartbook, just before 1973, 8.7% of never married girls that gave birth designed a plan for adoption. However that figure dropped to 1% during the 1990s when abortion was more accepted.
- About 4 in 10 USA adults have thought about adoption.
- Ten million couples would like to adopt a baby.
- Nearly 140,000 youngsters are adopted by new parents in the USA every year.
- Since 1987, the quantity of adoptions annually inside U.S. has remained relatively constant, which range from 118 to 127 thousand.
- The 2007 National Survey of Children’s Health survey showed that adopting families were usually married, highly educated, living in higher class neighborhoods and also have medical insurance.
- 48% of potential parents who consider adoption choose their church for support and info.
- Around 2% of unmarried women, at every age group, place their child up to be adopted.
- Nearly one hundred million people in the US have adoption in their immediate family.
Abortion in the US
- Nearly 3,700 abortions are occurring every single day in the USA.
- About 50% of unplanned pregnancies in America lead to abortion.
- Around 84% of girls that have had an abortion say they’ld have kept their baby under other circumstances.
- 4/ 5 of pregnancy centers report that women considering abortion choose to have their child after having seen the ultrasound images